Friday, April 13, 2007

I have arrived!

Arrived in London yesterday.

Well - I guess it is real now.

And I am already missing my Bud (and of course, the puppies). Its strange that until now, this move didn't quite seem to be real. But now that I am on English soil with all the clothes I own, there is no denying it.

And it is all a bit scary. In a good way. It is exciting to move to a new place, but I notice that this time is different. Whereas when I was a younger man in a new place it was all thrilling, in my advanced age of my earlyish 30s, there is more worry.

I worry about what the job will be like, how I can live without Bud for 80 days, how easily will it be to meet friends, will I meet any friends on that "outstanding-lifelong" level?

And so today I am off with my estate agent looking for a place to live.

Wish me luck

5 Comments:

Blogger Tales of the City said...

Good luck in finding somewhere. And welcome to the greatest most cosmopolitan city in the world... :-)
Remember - west is best!! Chose a neighbourhood that you, bud and the dogs will love.. Otherwise you will hate this City.

3:41 a.m.  
Blogger GB said...

LOL cuteCTguy, not everyone would agree with you you know! Anyway Rye, I hope you enjoy London. At least you've had some good weather recently to welcome you :-).

GB xxx

PS: perhaps you should update you profile description now?

1:30 a.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

Best of luck!

9:29 a.m.  
Blogger Guy In London said...

Rye, welcome & good wishes for your new life. I'd be interested to hear about your search for accommodation as will be doing the same soon (only been looking on line to date).

GIL

3:00 p.m.  
Blogger Apteryx said...

Honey, get rid of the estate agent.
Check out the "for sale by owner" sites and do us all a favour!

2:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees