Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Closer

So I am getting very nervous.

Work finishes up for me on Thursday and then I fly out on the 11th. I must admit that the time has flown by. But now I am worried about the move.

Its not like I have never moved to another city/country before, but I did it when I was a bit younger. And while I do know a few people in London already, I have to get prepared to go on a search for new friends. Now, most people don’t believe me when I say that I am shy, but this is only because my shield against my shyness can sometimes be an outwardly outgoing personality. But I nevertheless can find it difficult to meet new people.

And so I have resolved to be extremely social and to avoid these problems if possible. I have been looking into various types of groups in London that I can get involved in to meet people and am hopeful that these will help. Now of course, my job will keep me busy, but I know that I need to get that work/life balance down.

Don't know if I will post again before I leave but will write soon to talk about my new fabulous! life in London

5 Comments:

Blogger MadeInScotland said...

I find life as a lawyer in London means Mon-Fri is difficult to schedule a social life. And when I can, I feel too exhausted, and disinclined to. That said, I do have some fabulous times, and love living in London.

1:26 p.m.  
Blogger MadeInScotland said...

ps email me at my blog email. If you would like a walk around my favourite parts of London the weekend of 14 April. I'm around that weekend, but not the next. And if you are working in the City you might be close to my office...

ahoj

1:29 p.m.  
Blogger joey said...

Have a safe trip babe! See you on the flip side!

9:14 p.m.  
Blogger Tales of the City said...

Welcome to London. I can take you to the bankers or Village drinks if you want to met other gay professionals.. or give you tips on restaurants, bars etc.. (all straight..)... or if you fancy a drink drop me a line. Oh My LTB is part Canadian btw. email on my blog. Safe trip.

11:47 a.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

At least you are not moving alone and you can always meet folks through work. Sounds like you have already made some connections through blogging. Isn't the internet grand? Good luck Rye!

9:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees