Monday, March 19, 2007

Sifting

So I went through the joys of sifting though all the crap that I have accumulated over the past few years in Montreal in anticipation of my move to London. The one good thing about having moved to different cities and countries over the past ten years is that I have gone through this exercise enough times to not have a hell of a lot left over as trinkets of days gone by.

But it is nevertheless an interesting time to re-read certain letters from Bud from the early days, look over a story I wrote when I have ten, or look at pictures of a person that I know longer recognize but know is me.

And of course it takes me back along that path that has brought me to where I am today. And each of these things are place markers indicating steps I trod long ago and decisions made many days in the past. And with each culling there is a separation from the past – a removal of one more pop-up on the video of my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tales of the City said...

Where in London are you moving too?

9:01 a.m.  
Blogger Rye said...

Haven't quite decided yet. I am staying at an apartment that the firm is giving me for April near Canary Wharf. A relocation agent is going to bring me around to look at places.

Will keep you posted

3:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees