Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Back and Forth

Well, it has been quite a long time since I wrote much of anything on this blog. Like anything, sometimes you need a little vacation. Much has been going on in my life though in the meantime.

I have given notice to my current employer. They have been very understanding and quite professional. I can work for as long as I want without a problem. I will work until Good Friday and then have a week before I fly off to London.

Of course, since people know that I am leaving, I haven’t been getting a whole lot of work lately. Not that I am complaining. And then a few weeks after I gave notice, another lawyer a couple years senior than me announced he was moving to New York and then on Monday another lawyer announced that he was going to the same firm as me in London!

The preparations for the trip have been going well. Have my work permit and my visa. Bud, as my partner, got a work permit as well where he can work at any job. Which works out pretty well for us. The dogs need a passport of all things and it will not be cheap to ship them – but that’s the cost of children I guess.

We went to see Scissor Sistors the other night. They aren’t as popular here as in the UK so we actually saw them perform at a bar! Great small venue for a fantastic show.

I am getting crazy excited about the move – need a change of pace and am thrilled to see what London brings me.

3 Comments:

Blogger GB said...

Well there's an interesting bunch of gay male bloggers over here in London. But it'll be good to have another one, especially an established blogger like yourself :-).

GB xxx

4:29 p.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

Will the dogs need to be quarantined in England?

11:55 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jealous you got to see Scissor Sisters - I missed them because I couldn't get a flight to Toronto :-(

6:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees