Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy b-day to Blog

Once again I have hit a milestone with this blog. It was one year ago today that I posted my first entry. Over the course of the year, this blog has changed from posting numerous pictures of sexy men and general ramblings almost every day, to being a little more sporadic in my writing.

I have found that when I post something, it is best if I have something to say. But I have also found that it has not always been easy to write down what I am feeling.

If you are a regular reader you will know that this past year has brought some big difficulties in my life. And publicly divulging them on this post has been cathartic and painful at the same time. While I do approach this as a personal diary for the most part, that comment button is not always easy to click.

I live within my own bubble in my head and having readers share their perception of either my actions or my thoughts has pierced through that self-image on numerous occasions. And no matter how difficult it can be, it is always beneficial to see how others perceive you.

But lately I haven’t been posting much about how my life is going, or about how my relationship with Bud is. It is in that great holding pattern known as routine at the moment. I get up, work out, work, get home, eat, watch tv, play with the dogs. Rinse and repeat.

But there is nothing wrong with this at the moment. I am just in a bit of a rut looking for that next phase in my life. And I may have found it. Have been offered a job in the faraway land of my ancestors – jolly ole England.

So it looks as if the new year will be bringing a new country and a new experience. And hopefully a new routine that is not routine at all.

8 Comments:

Blogger nash said...

Sounds like you just got yourself an ideal birthday present!

10:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support and a happy blog birthday to you. Fingers crossed I make it to one year.
Poobaba x

4:08 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, and good luck with the possible new job and location.

Growth happens when we make a leap...and in the end, things clarify themselves with action much more than with passive mental constructs...

Wishing you nothing but happiness!!

6:49 p.m.  
Blogger Tales of the City said...

Welcome to London... (surely there is nowhere else to live) :-)

1:15 p.m.  
Blogger alexsander said...

congrats on your 1rst year :)

2:12 p.m.  
Blogger Karim said...

just passing through. I love the blog.

3:53 p.m.  
Blogger DirkStar said...

Happy one year birthday!

9:52 p.m.  
Blogger brandon said...

keep writing whatever comes to mind and don't worry about the results. Besides, there are more than enough blogs with only photos and no substance!

1:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees