Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Kylie Bound

It is Bud’s birthday today and he gets a giddy as a little kid on Christmas morning – its so sweet.

I decided to spoil him with a gift this year. Since we have been together, this is the first year that I have had any money to speak of. And I am not usually very good at buying presents – lack of decent taste I guess.

Well, Bud is obsessed, as all good Australians are, with Kylie Minogue. You have no idea how crushed he was when she got sick. And because he is with me in Canada, her past tour was the only one he did not see in her entire career. Now, he is not so crazy that he sleeps with a Kylie doll, but its close.

So I decided to send him to her final concert in the UK next year.



Our friend Stuart, who visited us during the Gay Games, will host him for 10 days in London in January and then Bud and Stuart will head off to Manchester to see Kylie’s last concert.

His overjoyed face was a thrill to see.

But what came next was his gift to me.

I am sending him on his own. I just can't afford to take the time off. And as soon as Bud realized this he said, "But I want you to come. It won't be the same without you."

3 Comments:

Blogger Tales of the City said...

He is so lucky, lucky, lucky.. lucky to be in love with you.

7:23 a.m.  
Blogger brenton said...

you just got me all choked up!
I've been hanging on for 18 months to go see the two nights in a row that I have tickets for!
She is amazing live!
B xoxo

9:06 p.m.  
Blogger (Men)O(Rama) said...

My boyfriend and I were lucky to see her concert here in Holland, in Rotterdam, just before she had to cancel the tour,it was the second show I believe, and she brought the house down!!! She was stunning, changing into many different costumes, great choreoraphy, all the hits she sang (exept for step back in time, but who cares if you get spoiled by so.. so many songs) the dancers were amazing, you need extra eyes to see everything of the party going on all over the stage! And when the floor opened up; a line of gorgeous, muscular hunks, dressed only in tight white briefs, stood under showers in front of mirrors, and got soaking wet!!! Everybody screamed and cheered, we got wet as well...(!) One stunning act was Kylie floating high on a half-moon, singing a balled version of "come into my world", as she came down in the centre of the catwalk, in the middle of the audience, the floor lifted up in layers, while dancers posed on every layer, to display an enormous cake! When the cake was finished, with Kylie on top, the music started playing the intro of 'I believe in you', Kylie's hit at the time, the audience went extatic! I could go on and on... but if you have the chance to see it, you'll agree with me that she is the world's greatest entertainer today (sorry Madonna, sorry Cher, you're stunning too, but Kylie's got that extra 'je ne sais quoi'!
Enjoy It!
Greetz,
Alexander ~ Men-O-Rama

3:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees