Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Word of Thanks

Today is the six month anniversary of this blog. Over the past half year I have made some interesting revelations about myself, come to a better understanding of what makes me tick, made some inane thoughts public, and generally scribed my life down into these pages. Like everyone else I have changed over this time as well, but one thing that has not changed is my commitment to writing here.

And it has not always been easy. Sometimes I have read over what I have written and been slightly appalled at myself, but its part of the journey I guess. I have been greatly surprised at how much this blog has meant to me. For a longer time I found great solace and wisdom in the writing of others but was always trepiditious about exposing myself in this way. But nothing could have prepared me for how much I rely on this space to reflect on my actions and my interactions with the rest of the world.

Looking forward to what the next six months bring and I want to thank all of you who have shared this time with me. I especially want to thank those of you have taken the time to make a comment here (well…after I figured out how to turn them on! ) and those of you who were kind enough to write me emails of encouragement. Your words, while occasionally difficult to hear (truth sucks sometimes) were always a complete pleasure to receive.

And to my fellow travelers in this blog world, thank you as well for your writings. So rarely do we ever verbalize the emotions and the perspectives that you all seem to be able to discuss in print. I remain fascinated and grateful for your sharing your lives with me.

4 Comments:

Blogger jjd said...

cheers! looking forward to the next 6 months and beyond.

10:09 a.m.  
Blogger Sam said...

Happy blogiversary Rye. Keep your profound thoughts and buffed boys coming please :)

2:50 a.m.  
Blogger savante said...

Happy blogiversary. :)

Paul

9:51 a.m.  
Blogger brandon said...

Definitely looking forward to the next six months. Keep writing!

2:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees