Thursday, April 27, 2006

Tit for Tat

IN a slight change from my more philosophical slants to my entries lately, I have a rant to make. The other day I received an email from a gay blog that stated basically that he had a link to me and unless I put a link to his site on mine he would remove the one on his site.

Well, to that I say “Fuck You!” I couldn’t believe the nerve of this guy. For me, I link up to people’s whose writing I enjoy reading regularly and also a longer list of sites that I have looked at. I just thought it was courteous. Now, I can be a bit slack about adding people in – you know that ten seconds of extra time needed just seems so much more painful than it actually is – but its all in the spirit of letting people check other sites out.

But this ultimatum made me completely furious. Don’t get me wrong, I am always happy to find a link to myself on someone else’s blog, but trying to exact some sort of price for that “privilege” is just ludicrous.

4 Comments:

Blogger S said...

I know exactly who you're talking about - same experience.

Are they in grade two, or something?

"If you don't like me, than I don't like you..."

No love lost, there.

10:48 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with your take on this...I try to link as many folks as I can...but as you could tell, I have been REAL slack...but to have someone say something like that..screw them...I like your blog, by the way....I think I will link you...

12:02 p.m.  
Blogger Sam said...

So basically he wrote to you demanding "if you don't link to me, I'll take away something you didn't ask for and don't want". Makes sense to me!

10:30 p.m.  
Blogger The Pansy Bastard™ said...

I say "RANT AWAY!" It is ridiculous for someone to expect you to link to them just because they link to you.

It does sound rather 'junior-high' to expect that from someone.

7:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees