Monday, April 03, 2006

Best Laid Plans

Well, it is official – Bud and I are pathetic.

While once we were able to sustain entire weekends of non-stop partying, now we are lucky to make it to midnight.

As I previously noted, we were planning on heading out on Friday night. It was a balmy 20 C (four degrees higher than the previous record temperature) and we were ready for a night out. It all started well. Sangria after I got home at 5 and then we headed out for dinner. The plan was after dinner we would head out for some drinks somewhere.

Sushi for dinner at the unheard of hour of 6:00 (as we were both starving!) accompanied by copious amounts of sake was probably not the wisest of ideas for a couple of guys out of shape (in the boozing it up sense). We were finished dinner well before eight and were already suitably smashed.

When we got home, we got a call from a friend, Claude to head out to the strippers later on with him and his landlord. I was not however expecting his arrival at our place before nine. Sad to say, Bud was already in bed (although this was caused by a “bedtime” activity of our own. The bell rings and I snap to attention, waking Bud up and putting on the hostess-with-the-mostest smile. And Bud heads to the bathroom to prepare to head out.

In my inebriated state I couldn’t tell if he was in the bathroom for 10 minutes or an hour, but Bud later said he was there for quite a while praying to that porcelain god and giving his sacrifice. I, the ignorant one in the living room, attempted to make conversation while barely being able to speak. Oh, so sad.

Finally Bud emerged and we were off. Before we could even get around the corner, Bud was asking for the keys to the house to return to that prostrate state on the floor of the bathroom. I, unaware of the extent of his gastronomical troubles, proceeded to the strippers and enjoyed a jolly good time abusing the near nakedness of those wonderful employees. Around 11:30, realizing that Bud had not arrived, I decided to stumble my own way home, but not before running into a business colleague and once again foolishly attempting to speak comprehensibly.

Finally returned home even before the clock had struck midnight to find the boy passed out on the couch. And I was not far behind.

If we are going to survive our planned wild days of summer, we better get back into the game.

Sad sad sad!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Poz Mikey said...

been there done that!!

7:54 p.m.  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Good, now I don't feel so bad.

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger brandon said...

tell "Bulgie" I said hello! :)

2:18 a.m.  
Blogger Lone_Wolf said...

hmmm .. reminds me of the last day of classes, when I friend ordered two pitchers and decided afterwards that she didn't want any. Note: it was only us two and I already guzzled two pitchers before she arrived. So no worries, it happens.

3:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees