Monday, March 27, 2006

Wakey Wakey



Well, I had one of those completely wonderful weekends where I ended up doing next to nothing while poor Bud had one of the worst as his ipod has ceased to function. This cessation is a mixed blessing for him in that he can barely function without one any longer, but he certainly would love the excuse to get himself a new one (as his is one of the originals).

But back to me! Oddly enough, my body was going into total sleep recovery mode on Saturday. I woke up, as typical, at about 6 or 6:30 on Saturday morning. After lounging around for a few hours, I had a mini-nap on the couch and then decided on a big nap at around 1:30. Next thing I knew it was after 6! Of course, I thought that I would not fall asleep at all that night – but sadly I was sound asleep by 10! Yes – it is an exciting life I lead when I am asleep by 10 on a Saturday night.

But as seems to be normal for me, I am still in my winter hibernation mode. Haven’t really felt much like going out on the town at all for the past few months. I’m sure that will all change once the spring finally arrives. Most of the snow in the backyard is gone, but this has left a puddle of mud that the dogs love to get messy in. Oh, well, c’est la vie.

We pulled out the BBQ for the first time this year and cooked up some sausages. SOOOO GOOOODDD. But then I am spoiled as Bud is a great cook.

Talked to one of my best friend’s in Australia last night as well. He, also a former trashbag, has completely turned into a at home guy. Married as well. It’s a far cry from when the two of us would be out all night every weekend. But this is what happens I guess. Its strange to look at my former self with my new eyes – sometimes I see my past with disgust and sometimes with a longing for those days gone by. But likely its most often with a sense of happiness about both where I have come from and where I am.

Jesus, I guess lots of sleep makes me a chipper guy!

1 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

Chipper is good! And the snow is only half melted in the backyard here, we keep yelling at the dog, " Don't go in the mud, stay on the ice!"

She doesn't get it though.

8:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees