Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Motivation


Thank God its March.

February is always a really difficult month for me. The seemingly never-ending winter starts to take its toll on me as well as the months of lack of sunlight. While it is the shortest month, it is also the most difficult one for me to get through with a good disposition.

And this has been further complicated by my home. Bud and I moved into a new place last July that is the first floor of a duplex with someone else living on the second & third floors. The thing that attracted us to the house (apart from its stellar location) was its enormous yard. We are in the city and we are blessed with a yard that is as big as the floor space of our home.

Now while this was an amazing thing in the summer, and this year will probably be better since Bud spent the Fall planting bulbs for this spring, I am getting completely claustrophobic. There is just no place to get away at the moment. Cabin Fever is setting in and the past week or so of blisteringly freezing weather hasn’t helped. I just want to get out and feel the warmth of the sun on my cheeks rather than the icy blast of a winter wind.

But all bitching aside (but hey, who am I kidding, what would this blog be without my bitching about something here or there), I am slowly getting back into great shape. I have been strict with my diet (generally at least) and my routine of getting up in the morning to go to the gym has hit the level where I wake automatically before 6 on the weekends. Pants of two of my suits that I bought at my thinnest are starting to feel a little less constricted.

And part of my impetus for this is the Gay Games (or Outgames or Rendez-vous or whatever the hell they are called) that are going to be in Montreal this summer. I was at the Games in Sydney in 2002 and LOVED them. And I am so looking forward to their being here. Now Bud and I are not in an open relationship, but I do want to get back to my drool-instigating shape. I still love to flirt and the ego-stoke that comes with being pursued (I’m such a girl!).

Bud is working hard at it as well although he slept in today. He finished another French course yesterday so he ahs the day off. Here in Quebec, immigrants get five years worth of free French classes and so he is boning up on the language. I learnt my French basically through talking to people and reading the paper, so my grammar is not the greatest. But Bud is phenomenal with it. Its wonderful to see the progress that he has made. Learning a new language as an adult is never as simple as when someone is a kid so I feel enormous pride in him in making this effort.

And now back to the joys of the law…

4 Comments:

Blogger Poz Mikey said...

That's so kewl they give free Frech Lessons

12:05 p.m.  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Yeah, learning french was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Btw, are you competing in the games, or is all this just for watching?

I was thinking of volunteering to help out, off as I am in the summer.

I got fed up with paying for the gym, especially after the one that used to be in the village closed down a month after collecting annual dues from me.

Now we have a whole workout room in the house. I miss the cruisiness of the gym, but I don't have to brave the elements to go, I can just workout in my pajamas now if I want, lol.

And since I live here, you know I'm way down with your end of February sentiments. Jeez it's cold out there!

6:16 p.m.  
Blogger Rye said...

We'll just be watching the games and participating in the "side" events (aka Trash Bag Olympics).

Can't even bother volunteering as I don't want to have to do anything except what I feel like that day.

4:20 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rya - I'm having a lazy day and was surfing around and found your blog.

That guys in the blue shorts is motivation enuf for me to get exercising.

I've added a link to your blog from mine.


Dave Evans

4:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees