Monday, February 13, 2006

Good Morning Sunshine




Like every other Monday I am not exactly ecstatic about getting into work. But it always seems easier when I have had to work over the weekend. It wasn’t a ton of hours, but four on each day still sucks. Bud is really really sick at the moment with a terrible flu. Lost his voice as well – which has its benefits. But unfortunately it means having to serve him things. One day of being the good boyfriend helping out is fine, but after a few my evil selfish nature kicks in and I start resenting it.

But enough about my petty nature and on to the petty travails of the Olympics. Always been a big fan of the games. I am a total softy for medal ceremonies. Just seeing people who have strived for so long to achieve a certain moment and to watch them realize their dreams in the singing of a little song just gets to me.

The sport is always good too and I especially like all those Nordic and Germanic men around. Unfortunately being the winter games they are wearing a lot more than I would like, but as they say here in Montreal, c’est la vie.

Other than that, I am very excited about Valentine’s Day tomorrow. Of course, I know that it is just a made-up holiday but it’s a good excuse to make Bud happy. I hope that he likes his gifts. Unfortunately I ordered a couple of things online that haven’t yet arrived. But I guess they will just have to be “unexpected” gifts.



On a more serious side, I have been watching (reading?) with great interest the goings-on at Gay Empire lately. Love his blog, but the dueling blogs vibe that has erupted lately makes me worry for them. I can understand why the bf is not too happy about the unveiling of his life on Gay Empire. But I can attest to the fact that a blog is a great way to deal with life in general and in the specifics. But I don’t see a blog as being a very constructive method of vengeance, if that is what it is used for. The basis for a blog permeates its substance and something borne of frustration and anger may have difficulties in surviving. Just my thoughts and they may be wrong – as they often are.

2 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

Sorry, I keep having to look at that photo from yesterday below.

Be nice to the sick boyfriend. He's sick. Have some pity ; )

8:23 p.m.  
Blogger Aethlos said...

yum

6:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees