Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blade runners

Well you just had to know this level of stupidity was inevitable.



Gillette announced that they were unveiling a new six blade razor. Yes in the space of a few short years we have gone from the double “safety” razor to the three blade to the four blade to the vibrating hair raiser and now on to the ultimate in shaving….

When asked if they were planning on more blades, Gillette sated, “We don’t know what are competitors are planning.” Come on! It is getting a bit ridiculous. What’s next, a twelve blade razor that takes up half of your face.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work at Target and we just put out the Fusion razor on one of our endcaps and I was just thinkin' the same thing. How many razors do we need? My biggest issue with these multi-blade razors is that can you really feel a difference in the shave. Because as far as I can tell, it's just a way for them to charge more for the refills. Who wants to pay $20 for a set of 12 refills?

12:59 p.m.  
Blogger Marc said...

The funny thing is that a couple of years ago, The Onion did a mock article entitled, "Fuck Everything, We're Doing Five Blades." Who's laughing now? I am, at least...

7:05 p.m.  
Blogger Rye said...

Great article - thanks for the link

11:13 a.m.  
Blogger jjd said...

ooh. your posting the comments you receive now?

what prompted the change?

1:23 p.m.  
Blogger Rye said...

I didn't realize that they weren't getting automatically posted and no notice was being sent to my email.

Just thought no one felt like commenting!

2:55 p.m.  
Blogger jjd said...

eeeh? all this time... months upon months upon months of comments you never realized you were getting all these comments??

You did read them though, yes? I've made about well, no idea.. 10-20 comments on your blog over the past few months I think..

you did get a chance to read them at least, right?

3:29 p.m.  
Blogger Rye said...

No - I didn't have an email address linked to the comments item on blogger. Let's just call me an ignorant rookie and get it over with.

I guess that they are lost forever in the realms of cyberspace.

I honestly just thought nobody felt like saying anything. :(

4:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees