Monday, February 06, 2006

Another day

So I had a terrible end of the week last week. Went home ill on Thursday and was not very functional until yesterday. Plus Bud was away from Thursday night until late Saturday. The place is so empty without him. Its pretty sad that I have to appreciate him when he is not there.

Still wasn’t feeling all that great by Saturday Bud and the Aussie visitors went out without me and I slept the night away. Yesterday though I was completely back on the mend. Went and saw Transamerica in the afternoon. It was a very interesting show that has stayed with me longer than just during the viewing. To be a transgendered person makes just being gay pale in comparison. While all gay people go through a crisis of identity, transgendered go through a conflict of identity. It appears to be an incompatibility rejection between the mind and the body.

Back at work today and nothing has changed. Everyone always wants something. But I also got headhunted today for a different firm. Not interested in changing but always nice to get a call like that.

But what has really got me steamed over the weekend was the reporting over the attack in a gay bar in the US. Some guy attacked gay people with a machete and a gun in a bar. Five people injured. And barely a word about it in the news. I heard it first in the Advocate online, but in all the mainstream reporting not a sound. If this had occurred in a McDonalds you can be damned sure it would have been all over the press. But it appears that we are the disposable ones.

Then it was in the mainstream press today after he killed a cop an a straigth woman. I read this morning that the alleged perpetrator had been killed by the police. I immediately thought, “He got what he deserved.” I was frightened by my initial reaction and caught myself censoring that feeling. And now I am not sure if I am more concerned over my initial “cruel” reaction or the fact that I was scolding myself for having it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees