Friday, January 20, 2006

The Young and the Geeky




Oh happy Friday. No matter what happens, the day can’t be all bad. Well, as a lawyer it is next to impossible to know if you will have your weekend free. In other words, if I don’t have to work on the weekend, I am never positive of that fact until 5 on Friday.

But so far so good. This week has been amazing actually. Work has been busy but not too nuts and got a little raise of three more grand a year. Well, everyone in my year got it so it was nothing personal but no less decent.

Went to this recruitment event at a local faculty of law. The funny thing about Quebec is that people can go into law school directly out of high school whereas everywhere else in North America you have to do a degree in something else first. So there I was in a sea of French people – well kids actually. They were 18-19 or 20 maybe.




It was not only different to be in the midst of so many straight people but also so many young ones. And the freaky thing was how cute some of them were. Now I was one of those younger guys who always preferred the “older” guy (i.e people who are my age now!) and I often wondered if when I was older I would then perve on the young ones. Well, I can definitely say that isn’t true, but that didn’t change the fact that there were some definite hotties among that group.

Then I got to thinking about preferences for guys last night when Bud and I were watching Beauty and the Geek. Now Bud has a thing for tall geeks. Well, I guess I am one myself in someways, but the guys that Bud thinks are hot sometimes just shocks me. I am obsessed by the buff. I have a friend who is the Asian welcoming committee and another who is absolutely a stalker of big pecs.

Different strokes (or different things to stroke) I guess. But it always goes to show that there is probably someone for everyone. But I have a feeling that if Bud and I ever decide to have someone join us, we're going to have a little difficulty agreeing. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees