Friday, January 13, 2006

Buy Buy Buy



As I have noted before, my life has changed quite a bit over the past couple of years from perpetual club kid to a homebody. this transformation had many ingredients. Settling down with a guy exclusively, starting a law career, a shunning from old friends who stayed on my ex’s side of the break-up, and a general lessening of interest in dancing all night long. But with this change in desired action has come a new change as well.

With the increase in my salary beyond anything that I have ever made before, I find myself longing for a few of the big ticket items: car and house. In Montreal it is extremely easy to live without a vehicle and I only really want one for the convenience of other shopping and getting off the island. The house is another matter altogether.

This past year I moved into the first floor of a duplex and left amount a decade of apartment dwelling behind me. The elevators we conspiring against me and I longed to have a yard again. It is amazing how a little patch of grass can provide so much enjoyment (in the summer at least) and it did allow me to get a dog (or two now!). But even that has not satisfied me.



I am feeling the pull towards ownership. The need isn’t coming from any desire to “own” things, but from a desire to change things in my space. Before my cash went towards PARTY PARTY PARTY. But now I want to make my living space better, but who wants to waste money improving a place where they don’t live.

And so the search is beginning for a home. Now Bud and I don’t plan on living in Montreal forever. Sooner or later we will end up back in Australia. But the prices of homes here is so low that I feel I throw money away on Landlords. But getting the money out will be a different things.

And after home ownership all that will be left is a young Spanish Cabana boy when I am older….

3 Comments:

Blogger jjd said...

err - are you planning on getting licensed in australia or is that when you become a houseboy?

10:11 p.m.  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Buying is always better in the long run. good luck on the home hunt!

10:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Excavation Contractors South Boston said...

Greeat reading your blog

8:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees