Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tall Order

It was a very hectic day yesterday, but I can’t say that anything too exciting happened. Bud wants to go out tonight though. At Stock bar there is a “Stock Idol” competition for the male stripper of the year.

Now, I have no problem with the strippers here as they take it all off. And I must admit that the strippers should be more my thing that Bud’s. I am obsessed by a great body and they have them in spades. Bud is really only interested in the package – or if they are tall.

It seems that the hiring at Stock is done by my criteria more than Bud’s. It can kind of ruin a beautiful body when it is finally exposed and they are more laughs than gasps. But it is kind of gratifying that even the “perfect” body has some shortcomings.

The other problem is that this city is full of short people. Where I come from out west, I am tall, but there are plenty of people my height or taller. At 6’2”, here in Montreal, I am a giant. There have been so many times that I have been out and seen the top of everyone’s head. As one friend put it, “Its like dancing with Lilliputians!!!” I don’t know what exactly is in the water here, but the average height is probably around 5’5 (if that).

(Speaking of water, here are a couple of pics of one of the sexist swimmers around – Brett Hawke from Australia.)





While my being tall is a big plus to Bud, it can be very frustrating here. People are constantly finding me intimidating due to my height – and I am not an intimidating guy in personality. And while I am an attention whore, standing out in a crowd from the neck up is not my favourite way to go through life.

But then again, its better than being short. I have seen far too many leather daddies of 5 foot nothing look like little masochistic elves to ever wish that upon myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger jjd said...

I think its good that the stripperz are lacking in some category. Perfection makes me puke.

All that talk of short people in Montreal has me thinking I need to make a trip up there and strut my 6'1"ness.

4:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees