Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Bigger Bigger Bigger

So a number of years ago I was living in India for an extended period of time. Needless to say, it was undoubtedly one of the more interesting experiences of my life. India is a land of extremes, especially emotional ones. Everything was either incredibly amazing or utterly devastating.

What was of particular interest was the fact that all men walk around holding hands together. This is just a cultural thing where straight guys walk down the street hand in hand, but to a gay guy this was a near utopia. Of course, this appearance belied the truth that homosexuality could still get you life imprisonment and further emphasized that perception is tainted by personality and is not reality.

What brought this to mind the other day was when I rewatched a movie that I had seen a number of years ago. What I particularly remembered was that a certain guy in the pic had a great body. What amazed me this time, was that I was no longer impressed. At the time of my first watching it, I was a lot skinnier and my adulation was perhaps based on coveting his body and wanting it for myself. Now that I am more muscular, I don’t have the same perception.

Well this perception is even more enhanced when I was out Christmas shopping for toys.
Now this is the Luke Skywalker that I remember.



And this is how he is now.



Jesus! He looks more like He-man than a jedi now – is this Luke on the Juice.

No wonder my body image is getting fucked up and I can’t imagine what it is like for kids now.

1 Comments:

Blogger jjd said...

hmm.. looks like the steroid abuse problem has made its way into star wars collectibles. poor collectibles, they're just trying to keep up with the joneses!

1:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees