Monday, November 28, 2005

Weekend Warrior

The weekend was certainly an interesting one to say the least – full of activity and sloth.
Friday started off with drinks after work. Three of my colleagues that I started my career with three years ago are leaving our office, so it was a few too many cocktails to say goodbye. Bud came along but we kept it as an early night since we had a Saturday night out planned.

Saturday was a big day with the dog. She is a jack Russell of 4 months and is a bundle of energy, so I took her out for crazy amounts of walking. Snow froze her little feet though.

We went off to Claude’s house for a few cocktails with a friend of Bud’s, Kevin. Kevin is in one of those terrible stages of life when he is trying to figure out what to do next. Finished school and had retail burn-out he is in the midst of big changes, but can’t quite decide what they are going to be yet.

Claude was in fine form as well. Nine ounces of booze later, it was off to our place for another six, then to the strippers. Montreal has some amazing male strippers. Totally nude and wild. Of course, I was a complete mess by that time, but far better than Claude. Found him passed out in the bathroom and had to carry him home. When we got there he did the classic maneuver of passing out over the toilet and cutting his forehead. I went to bed, while Bud and Kevin ran off to the clubs until after 3. I am always a little wary when Bud is off alone – the jealousy monster is one that I have a hard time taming.

Sunday was spent recovering over fourteen hours in front of the television. I am getting too old to recover very quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees