Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Unhappy Anniversary

It was three years ago today that Bud and I started our first period of being long-distance. We met in Australia in September of 2002 while I went there to study on an exchange at the University of New South Wales in Sydney.

Uni (as it is called there) was definitely far easier than law in Canada. For a full semester’s worth of Canadian credits I had four hours of class a week (I’m not shitting you), so many hours were spent at the beach and I became a veritable club kid. Loved going out in Sydney where the clubs are open 24 hours.

When Bud and I met though I had a bf in Canada. Complicated, longwinded story there, but when I came back to Montreal, I wasn’t sure of what I was going to do. Bud was very concrete on his desire to be with me – but I wasn’t positive if I was forgetting about things with the Canadian bf.



I returned and quickly came to realize that I wanted to be with Bud. Ended things poorly with the bf (another complicated longwinded story) and waited for Bud to arrive. He wasn’t able to get here until March of 2003 so we spent four months apart.

It was a long and terrible time and would prove to not be our last as we grappled with the joy that is immigration. But that first day that I saw him again was one of the most amazing moments in my life. All of that difficulty in dealing with geographical separation was over and he was as beautiful as ever.

Bud is incredibly sexy at six feet with a gorgeous muscular body. Just like I like em. I am taller and thinner, just like he likes em. Match made in heaven.

And he stills make my heart go crazy. I've included this painting by an artist Eric Beaupré called "The Year Kylie Took Over the World" as bud is mad mad mad for Kylie Minogue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees