Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Straight Shooting

Well it was yet another thrilling Monday.

The minority government in Canada fell last night, so it looks like an election in the new year. This kind of sucks in many ways. First off the party in power has been in power for way too long. We need a change. However the alternative is a party of redneck conservatives who would like nothing more than to roll back every advance in gay rights that have been made over the course of the last decade. So it looks like I will be sticking with the semi-corrupt party in power.

Not that my vote actually matters as I live in a very separatist riding. In my province of Quebec, there are a large number of people, mainly French-speaking, who want to separate from Canada and form their own country. Lots of bad blood going back generation since the British took the place over. Well, there is a party here whose sole purpose is to make that happen and I live in the riding where its leader is the rep. So no matter who I vote for, I can be pretty confident he will win.

Have been thinking a lot about Christmas lately. I am going back to my hometown of Edmonton Alberta which is in the western part of Canada, the focal point of the conservatives in this country. Love going back and I do miss the family.

have a straight friend there that I am not looking forward to seeing. We fooled around a few years back and ever since then he has always been uneasy around me – and me him. Its hard to deal with someone who is filled with shame about what happened, and I can’t say that I am always happy that it did. But nothing can be done about it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees