Thursday, November 24, 2005

Starting Out

For a long time now I have been reading blogs of so many people out here on the net and have been fascinated by the different types of writing and the personalities that come through. And I have also missed writing myself.

I do write for a living in many ways, but the writing I do is void of character and does not provide me with much of an outlet for my thoughts.

And so I thought I would begin this blog as not only a place where I can work out my thoughts but also as a map for myself of the evolution of where I am going.

The sad thing is that I have come to the end of a number of roads over the past few years and the landmarks moments of life are now nearly all behind me.

The other day I was sworn in as a lawyer. Yes, I am one of “those” people. The path that I took to this career was a long winding one to say the least that has seen me living in three continents over the past decade (too long of a story for this first entry) and finally settling in Montreal, Canada. It was a big day for me as it marked the day that I would never have to have another exam. I am not a young boy anymore (32 and ticking) and so it was good to finally enter into some form of adulthood.

I also got married to this great guy over two years ago. We were one of the first gay couples to get married in Canada and its been an interesting ride as well. Bubs is an Australian so we have had our long-term elements and the joys of immigration, but he is now a permanent resident so that trial is past as well.

Of course marriage between two guys has some of the same pitfalls as those between a man and a woman. My body went to shit. When we met both of us were in prime shape – caused by being constantly on the prowl no doubt, but over the past six months, we have become increasingly lazy and fell into enjoying so many types of food that I once denied myself. Turning 30 and hitting that metabolic wall doesn’t help either.

So I am 15 pounds heavier and hating it.

Got back into the gym a couple of weeks ago and am well on the way to recovery. Of course it is much harder now. When I was in school I could go whenever I wanted, but now as a lawyer working long hours, I get up at 5:30 am to go to the gym and be able to have breakfast with Daniel before heading off to work.

Well, that’s it for today. I’ll leave you with a picture above. Its not me, but its just a little drool-worthy (or hate-worthy, depending on your mood) material.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog earlier this morning and read a few posts, then got curious about how it began.

Interesting coincidence that you began writing in Nov 2005, a bit heavier than you wanted to be, and at a transition point in your life.

My blog is called Falling into Forty, and I started writing last Oct for many of the same reasons.

Congratulations on your blog, and I will be catching up bit-by-bit. And yes, I admit that reading blogs that catch my attention is my version of reality TV. It certainly feels more real to me.

Peace.

11:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degrees